As a Business Development Manager within the Learning & Development Business Unit, you will be responsible for driving business growth by acquiring B2B and B2C clients in the learning and developmentsector.
- Market Analysis: Conduct comprehensive market research to identify trends, demands, and opportunities in both B2B and B2C learning environments. Analyze competitor offerings and market dynamics.
- Client Engagement: Engage with potential B2B clients, such as corporations, businesses, institutions, and B2C clients, including individual learners or professionals. Understand their learning needs and propose customized learning solutions.
- Relationship Building: Build and maintain strong relationships with existing B2B clients, ensuring high satisfaction and understanding of evolving learning needs. Cultivate relationships with B2C clients to enhance brand loyalty and retention.
- Solution Presentation: Showcase learning and training solutions offered by the business unit to potential B2B and B2C clients. Demonstrate how these solutions meet their learning objectives and add value to their organizations or personal development.
- Sales Strategy: Develop and implement sales strategies for both B2B and B2C segments, including lead generation, prospecting, and pipeline management. Achieve revenue targets and expand the client base in both sectors.
- Collaboration with L&D Teams: Collaborate with internal L&D teams to ensure offerings meet the diverse needs of both B2B and B2C clients. Provide market insights and feedback for product development tailored to each segment.
- Reporting and Forecasting: Track sales activities, analyze data, and generate reports for both B2B and B2C segments. Forecast sales projections, identify trends, and recommend sales strategy improvements for each segment.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Education, or related field.
- Significant experience (5+ years with at least 2 years in a managerial or supervisory role.) in business development, sales, or account management, preferably in both B2B and B2C environments within the learning and development sector.
- In-depth understanding of corporate learning processes and consumer learning behaviors, with expertise in learning technologies for both segments.
- Strong sales acumen, negotiation skills, and the ability to communicate the value of learning solutions to diverse audiences.
- Strategic thinking, problem-solving abilities, and a proactive approach to identifying business opportunities for both B2B and B2C markets.
- Proficiency in CRM tools, Microsoft Office suite, and other relevant sales and reporting software.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
- Revenue Growth: Increase in sales revenue from learning and development solutions in both B2B and B2C segments.
- Client Acquisition: Number of new B2B corporate clients and B2C individual clients acquired within their respective market segments.
- Client Retention: Maintenance of a high client retention rate within both B2B and B2C segments.
- Sales Pipeline: Size and health of the sales pipeline, including potential opportunities and deals in progress for both B2B and B2C markets.
- Market Penetration: Expansion of market reach and penetration into new B2B corporate sectors or industries and increased B2C customer base.
- Sales Performance: Achievement of sales targets and quotas set for both B2B and B2C segments.