Content Development Specialist:
Are you a creative wordsmith with a passion for business/brand storytelling? Are you fuelled by the power of words, love the challenge of turning complex ideas into compelling stories, and can’t resist the allure of a well-crafted sentence? If yes, we need you at iCentra. Join us as a Content Development Specialist and be part of a team that crafts compelling narratives and communication assets that resonate with audiences worldwide!
iCentra Consulting Ltd. is a proudly African brand going global, as we currently have presence in the US and the UK, providing top value to clients across sectors. As a brand providing unparalleled expertise in the technology, project management, business consulting, and learning & development spaces across Nigeria and beyond, we are looking for a Content Development Specialist who can deploy high level proficiency in content development towards serving our objective to promote our thought leadership, proven traction and impact stories. We believe that great content is the heart and soul of communication, hence we’re on the lookout for a Content Development Specialist who shares our dedication to the art of storytelling and thought leadership building.
If you’re a wordsmith eager to breathe life into ideas and create content that leaves a lasting impact – with provable traction, we want you on our team. We want someone experienced in business writing and creative copywriting for a medium or large organization; someone who is a smart and creative Content Development Specialist based in Nigeria, preferably in Abuja, to join our team. Is that you?
Department: Marketing Communications
Reports to: Marketing Communications Manager
Duty Station: Abuja, Nigeria
The incumbent will work under the direct supervision of the Marketing Communications Manager and work closely with the rest of the Marcomms team.
The Content Development Specialist will be responsible for creating varied, compelling and engaging content across various channels, ensuring consistent brand messaging and driving audience engagement – and lead generation. The specialist will possess exceptional writing and editing skills, a strong understanding of marketing principles, and the ability to tailor content for different target audiences.
● Develop and execute a termed content plan aligned with the overall marketing communications strategy and objectives of the organization.
● Research industry trends, market insights, and competitor activities to inform strategic content creation.
● Write and edit a variety of content, including blog articles, website copy, social media posts, case studies, whitepapers, email campaigns, etc.
● Collaborate with other team members to ensure brand consistency and message alignment.
● Optimize content for SEO and use analytics to track content performance and make data-driven improvements.
● Stay updated with industry best practices and emerging content trends to continuously enhance content quality and effectiveness.
Candidates should [preferably] hold a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or a related field. Marketing certification or any relevant certification is an added advantage.
1. Proven experience in content development and copywriting.
2. Experience in the use of computer applications, software packages such as Microsoft Office, and web-based management systems is an asset;
3. Candidate should have the ability to work under pressure and targeted deadlines, among regularly occurring projects and shifting tasks.
Required competencies and experience:
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong organizational, planning and prioritization skills.
· Ability to make high-level decisions independently, when necessary, and ability to collaborate closely with other internal stakeholders and team members.
· Ability to manage a complex, rapidly changing content calendar.
· Ability to make creative decisions on behalf of your principal when needed.
· Ability to understand and work with external stakeholders (e.g., current and potential customers, and service vendors).
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
· High emotional intelligence and the ability to work with varying personality types in an authentic and friendly manner.
· Ability to work well as a part of the broader team (e.g., provide backup when colleague is OOO).
· Enthusiastic about building and willing to jump into various projects as needed.
· Desire to reach beyond your skill set and take on more complex level tasks when needed.
· Proficient in MS Office, with expertise in MS PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.
1. Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills.
2. Strong understanding of digital marketing principles and best practices.
3. Proficiency in SEO optimization and content management systems.
4. Excellent research and analytical abilities.
5. Creative thinking and ability to generate fresh content ideas.
6. Strong project management and organizational skills.
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work effectively in a team
• Good analytical skills
• Integrity and respect for confidentiality
Candidates must have an excellent command of both spoken and written English. Knowledge of any other language would be an added advantage.
Qualified applicants should submit their applications consisting of:
• A Curriculum Vitae, with at least two contactable professional referees
•A writing portfolio(s)
Applications may be submitted via email to [email protected] with the subject line: Content Development Specialist.
Applications close on Friday, 17 November, 2023.
NB: Recruitment is immediate.