“You don’t build a business, you build people, and then people build the business.” —Zig Ziglar
There are various approaches employers can use in empowering employees. It is the responsibility of a leader to clearly communicate the organisation’s strategic vision, to ensure that employees clearly understand the company’s core values, purpose and direction. This will enable in alignment and decision making.
“Only about 40% of employees know about their organisation’s strategy/goals” – Bain.
Empowered employees gain confidence from knowing their work is acknowledged. Avoiding excessive micromanagement of employees is definitely important in empowering employees. By doing so, employees recognise trust from their employers/manager in performing their tasks which boost their confidence in their abilities. Fostering the culture of the teamwork at every level of the business is key to empowering employees to achieve strategic goals.
There are several benefits businesses gain from empowering employees to achieve their strategy objectives.
- Empowered employees are likely to remain focused, committed and motivated to achieve the business’ strategic goals.
- Empowering employees’ results in improved communication as employees perceive trust and their opinions are valued.
- Empowering employees increases productivity and innovation which is a big advantage for any business.
- Empowering employees helps create a positive work environment and increase in morale among works.
- Empowering employees leads to better staff retention.
- Empowering employees will help achieve customer satisfaction.
Empowering employees goes a long way in achieving any organisation’s strategic goals. It is, therefore, necessary for businesses to provide their employees with the necessary tools and environment needed to do their jobs appropriately. This ensures the business, as well as the employees’, enjoy mutual benefits.
“It’s not the tools you have faith in. Tools are just tools — they work or they don’t work. It’s the people you have faith in or not” —Steve Jobs.
The iCentra Team
*iCentricity is the monthly newsletter from iCentra.
Copyright © iCentra, All rights reserved.